The town of Plymouth invites you to two community events on Saturday, September 27.
First, Bethany Birches Camp, 2610 Lynds Hill Road, will host its 12th Annual Benefit Auction. The preview starts at 9 am, and bidding starts an hour later, at 10 am. In addition to the many items you can bid on, you can also enter for a chance to win a mini bike! Come enjoy a beautiful fall day at the top of the mountain while helping to support this camp, whose more than 40-year old mission is to help young people develop their relationship with God through a Christ-centered camping experience in a natural and nurturing environment. Proceeds from this year’s auction will help rebuild the camp’s Pavilion, traditionally the center of camp life.
Also, visit the Plymouth Bounty Day, a town-sponsored event designed to highlight and celebrate the diverse businesses, services, organizations, and passions of our town! Running from 10 am – 2 pm, at the Plymouth Schoolhouse Activity Center, 35 Schoolhouse Road (just north of the Plymouth Municipal Building on Route 100), our continually-growing list of confirmed participants includes:
- Farm & Wilderness Camp – organic farm produce, and information about summer outdoor experience camps.
- VT Snowmobile Tours – Backcountry Tours – snowmobile rentals & tours.
- Snow Sneakers Snowmobile Club – Plymouth’s club for snowmobiling enthusiasts.
- WillowDraws – multicultural art.
- Plymouth Historical Society – safeguarding Plymouth’s story & historical artifacts.
- Good Commons – your perfect place to relax – retreat – revitalize.
- Sandie Small – crafts.
- Wyldon Fishman – home energy efficiency audit, and a solar cooking demonstration (NY Chapter, American Solar Energy Society).
- Robert Fishman – Robert Fishman’s nearly famous organic sourdough bread recipe.
- Ottauquechee Health Foundation – supporting access to healthcare through Good Neighbor Grants to individuals and families, and Organizational Grants to community health organizations.
- Mt Ascutney Hospital & Health Center’s Community Health Team – improving health and health care through community-based medical, social, and mental health services, and education and support programs.
- Andrea Nickerson, Vermont Health Connect Navigator – providing information and assistance in signing up for Vermont Health Connect, Vermont’s Health Insurance program.
- Senior Solutions (former Council on Aging) – providing a range of targeted social services to Vermonters 60 years and older, their caregivers, and families.
- Sarah Kaminsky – Herbalife representative.
- Mike Bagley – Arborist.
- Plymouth Memory Tree – Plymouth residents offering confidential financial assistance to Plymouth residents.
- Tyson Ladies Aid Society – founded in 1880 the Society established and supports the Tyson Library, funds scholarships for local students, and provides programs that benefit the community.
- Bethany Birches Camp – helping young people develop their relationship with God by providing a Christ-centered camping experience in a natural and nurturing environment.
- Laurie Marechaux and Victoria Wright – demonstrating and selling Bronze Metal Clay Jewelry. Future classes to learn how to work in this newest of jewelry-making mediums will be available at the Plymouth Schoolhouse Community Center.
All Plymouth residents, neighbors, friends, and visitors are welcome. Please join us!