Republished with permission from The Vermont Standard
So many people up here for the holiday weekend! Most local views are past peak, but that didn’t stop folks from coming to VT. Good for area businesses! I just saw Tyler Savery on Saturday, home for the long weekend & he seems to be adjusting to being away at school.
I didn’t know until a couple of weeks ago that Tesha Buss is now a mom with a lovely little girl, Izabella Skuro, born 5/31. She is still keeping up with activities at Good Commons & wants to remind folks to check out http://goodcommons.com to learn what is going on.
Also, if you didn’t get a chance to send Bill Jarvi a 90th birthday card on 10/11, feel free to send him a belated one. His current address is: 157 Heritage Hill Place, Room 49, Rutland, VT 05701
I understand that the Bethany Birches Camp auction was a huge success, raising $50,000. Funds are greatly needed to cover expenses for the building of new pavilion. Work days are also being planned, so get in touch with Brandon to learn how you can help – 672-5220
A reminder about the Reach Out Luncheon on Thurs 10/16 at 11:00, with guest speaker Janis Hall from Senior Solutions. Also, don’t forget to attend the Shakespeare Alive performance at noon on Sat, 10/18 at the Union Christian Church & have your funny bone tickled!
So, are you doing some fall cleaning? You are in look because the 9 day, indoor, Town-wide tag sale is coming up at the Schoolhouse Community Center! To sell your items, Terry Bascom, (email or call 672.5390) has provided this handy list of what you need to do:
1. Securely attach a tag to every item. Each tag must have (a) your initials, & (b) the price you want for the item.
2. Take your tag sale items to the Plymouth Schoolhouse Activity Center at any of these convenient times:
· Saturday, 10/25, 9 am – noon Sunday, 10/26, 1 – 4 pm Monday, 10/27, 10 am – noon
· Tuesday, 10/28, 5 – 8 pm 10/29, 11 am – 2 pm
3. While dropping off your things, sign up for a 3-hr shift to help staff the event. Sign up sheets will be available when you deliver your tag sale items.
4. After the 9-day sale, pick up your unsold items on any of these days:
· Monday, 11/10, 10 am – noon Wednesday, 11/12, 5 – 7 pm
· Saturday, 11/15, 9 am – noon — anything remaining after noon will be discarded!
Days for shopping will be: · Saturday, 11/1, 10 am – 4 pm Sunday, 11/2, noon – 6 pm
· Monday, 11/3, 10 am – 1 pm Tuesday, 11/4, 4 – 7 pm
· Wednesday, 11/5, 1 – 4 pm Thursday, 11/6, 10 am – 1 pm Friday, 11/7, 1 – 4 pm
· Saturday, 11/8, 10 am – 4 pm Sunday, 11/9, noon – 6 pm