The Town of Plymouth is sponsoring another indoor community Antiques and Treasures sale at the Plymouth Schoolhouse Activity Center, located just north of the Municipal Building on Rte 100 (35 School Dr, Plymouth).
Following previous successful sales that have featured treasures and trinkets from over 20 Plymouth garages, attics, barns, and storage rooms each year, this event will again offer a wide range of good-quality treasures, genuine antiques, and an assortment of clothes, home decorations, kitchenware, sports equipment, and miscellany at unexpectedly good prices! Most of the vendors from previous sales are planning to participate again, and others are expected – which means another round of high quality items will be available at clearance prices. Don’t miss it!
All Plymouth residents are invited to participate!
To put items up for sale, here’s what you need to do:
- Securely attach a tag to every item. Each tag must have both (a) your 3 initials, and (b) the price. (We cannot negotiate a price on your behalf, however you can change prices on your unsold items at anytime during the sale.) Please use 3 initials on your tags, to avoid possible duplication!
Note: We strongly suggest that you use actual tags – ideally, the kind with little strings – and attach them securely with safety pins or by tying the string to your item. We have learned that adhesive labels, tape, and safety pin-secured tags tend to fall off. If your tag falls off, or we cannot read what it says, we will not be able to sell the item.
- Deliver your antiques and treasures to the Plymouth Schoolhouse Activity Center on the following days and times:
Saturday, May 21, 9 am – noon
Sunday, May 22, 1 – 4 pm
Tuesday, May 24, 5 – 8 pm
Thursday, May 26, 9 am – noon
We will have racks for hanging items, and tables for display. You can also provide your own display, if you wish. And, in general, if you have a table to loan us, it will be a big help.
You are responsible for displaying your items. Table, rack, and floor space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, your items do not have to be segregated from other people’s items because the tags identify what belongs to you no matter where they are displayed.
- While delivering your items, sign up for a 3-hr shift to help staff the event. The Sale will be open from 9 am – 6 pm both days (Saturday and Sunday) May 28 and 29. We need at least 2 volunteers each day for each of the following 3-hour shifts:
9 am – Noon Noon – 3 pm 3 pm – 6 pm
- Please plan to pick up what does not sell on the following dates and times. (If you cannot make one of these times, please don’t wait to the last minute to arrange another time with me.)
Tuesday, May 31, 9 am – Noon
Thursday, June 2, 3 – 6 pm
Saturday, June 4, 9 am – Noon
Anything unclaimed will be offered to Bridgewater Sustainable Earth Foundation the week of June 6. Anything they do not want will be disposed of through the Plymouth Transfer Station on June 11th.
- Cost: There will be a small fee to participate as a vendor. The fee offsets the cost of printing flyers, making sandwich boards to advertise the event, and disposal cost. The fee is $5, and will be subtracted from your total sales. (So, if you don’t sell anything, you won’t pay anything. And if you sell less than $5, you will only pay the amount you sold. Everything over the first $5 will go to you.)
- Participants are partners in advertising the event. We have a downloadable PDF of the event’s flyer available. Click here to download it. You can use it to print your own flyers, if you wish. We will also provide printed flyers at Plymouth Town Hall starting on Wednesday, May 4. Please spread them around!
Questions? Contact Terry Bascom, Activity Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 672.5390