On Saturday April 22nd, 2017 there will be a free presentation by Senior Solutions at The Plymouth Community Center at 11 am.
Senior Solutions is one of five Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) in Vermont.
The five Area Agencies on Aging work together to provide a consistent package of services statewide. The mission of Senior Solutions is to assist older Vermonters to achieve an optimum quality of life, individually and in their communities, through:
2) information and access to resources, and
3) by supporting and working with their families and those close to them.
Their agency goals are:
- Empower older Vermonters, their families and caregivers to make informed decisions about and be able to easily access existing health and long term care options.
- Enable older Vermonters to remain in a setting of their choice for as long as possible through the provision of home and community based programs including support for family caregivers.
- Empower older Vermonters to remain active and healthy through wellness programs including Evidence Based Prevention Programs.
- Ensure the rights of older Vermonters and prevent their abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Information & Assistance: Senior Help Line 1-800-642-5119
Choices for Care Long-term Medicaid
Choices for Care Moderate Needs Group Medicaid
Short-term case management through federal Older Americans Act
Self-Neglect follow-up on reports from Adult Protective Services
Person-Centered Options Counseling
Dementia Respite Grant/Powerful Tools for Caregivers group
Family Caregiver Support Grant
Vermont State Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
Direct assistance with first-time Medicare enrollees
Direct assistance with yearly Medicare Part D Open Enrollment
Community education programs (Boot Camps)
Meals & Nutrition
Meals on Wheels
PEARLS (Program to Encourage Active Rewarding Lives for Seniors)
VIP for Veterans
Wellness & Exercise
Come to the Presentation on April 22nd for lots of information, plus cookies by Cookie Mama (of Plymouth), and coffee!
Plymouth Activity Center, 35 School Drive, Plymouth.